Monday, March 9, 2009

Madness has set in

It has been quite sometime since my last post. Not really any good reason either, just general laziness. Unemployment is getting to me. I am bored and slipping into the vortex of the lazy days lifestyle. So in the past few weeks I have tried to push myself out the door and out into the "real world". Well, that is if the real world consists of my local bar, the "Lawyers, Guns and Money" graffiti art show in LA and some dinners out with Sandy and friends. It was good to be out and about. I still feel a bit guilty spending $$ without a job but fuck it. I can't be a hermit forever.

This past weekend was fun. See picture below for what can happen on a late night walk or stumble from the bar. Trip up the curb, end up smashing your hand. Start laughing until you get home and wash it out. Then curse loudly due to pain from cleaning. Wake up not being able to make a fist. Good times!



Received a long awaited package this afternoon. The Mike Giant book, the AKA Vol 1 and Every Tag Counts (straight outta Philly graff zine) along with some Illadel 18K Chrome refill paint (not pictured).



I love Giants work and the book did not disappoint. The AKA Vol 1 is "amazing". The layout is super good and it came with free shit. Who doesn't love free shit! Plus the featured artists are Futura 2000, KAWS, REAS aka Todd James along with a who's who of writers. It is one of the best put together books I have ever come across. Get this if you can!

Every Tag Counts was a zine I came across on the internet. It is the premier issue and is all Philly graff all the time. It is homemade and put together like many of the zines that I remember from when I first started skating. Really cool and it keeps me in touch with the city where I come from.

You ever listen to a song you have heard a million times and finally "hear" the lyrics? Well this just happened to me recently with the song below. This is one f'ed up song!

Excitable Boy - Warren Zevon



See you soon.

1 comment:

Timmy said...

Well, he went down to dinner in his Sunday best
Excitable boy, they all said
And he rubbed the pot roast all over his chest
Excitable boy, they all said

He took in the four a.m. show at the Clark
Excitable boy, they all said
And he bit the usherette's leg in the dark
Excitable boy, they all said
Well, he's just an excitable boy

He took little Suzie to the Junior Prom
Excitable boy, they all said
And he raped her and killed her, then he took her home
Excitable boy, they all said
Well, he's just an excitable boy
After ten long years they let him out of the home
Excitable boy, they all said
And he dug up her grave and built a cage with her bones
Excitable boy, they all said
Well, he's just an excitable boy