Saturday, November 22, 2008

Modern man evolutionary betrayer, modern man ecosystem destoyer, modern man destroy yourself in shame

Went out for a few drinks last night with Sandra and our friend Jeff. We used to work together at Podium. Actually before that he sold me my Steamroller when he worked at King's in Seal Beach. We hit the usual spot, the Red Room in Long Beach. It is one of the few bars in LA that reminds me of SF. Plus the bartenders are all really friendly. It is a skate scene but I guess it could be worse... believe me.
Anyway back to last night. Nothing spectacular happened but we had a blast and shots were had which always set's it off. But you know what really annoys me; when people skip your songs on the jukebox. The newer style jukeboxes allow you to pay extra to hear your song right away. That is some serious bullshit and you will be verbally harassed. Last night the exact same thing happened during Sandra's set. Some douchebag skipped her second song to hear a T.I song, a fuckin T.I song, are you freaking kidding me. I immediately asked the bartender to skip said shit song due to Sandra being skipped by said douchebag. The bartender obviously and understandably did not want to get involved. Frustrated, I did what any normal person would do. I threw a straw at the back of his head. Then mad dogged him through some stupid Lil Wayne song. Who the hell puts an extra $1 into the jukebox just to hear those two songs which are on the goddamn radio, or MTV or BET or some other Top 40 bullshit music outlet all freakin day? A douchebag that's who. I thought the rules were simple, I guess not.
All in all it was fun time and it was good to sit and have some drinks outside the house for a change. I have been staying at home quite a bit lately.

Yesterday afternoon we watched a movie called What we do is secret?. It is the story of The Germs, "the" LA punk band of the late 70's. If you don't know the story about Darby Crash, I highly recommend this movie and even if you do it is still entertaining.
In honor of the punk afternoon I have some songs below for you. Enjoy! and break some shit!

I hate children - The Adolescents



Tim - This is for you!
Inside Out - No Spiritual Surrender

No comments: