Monday, December 1, 2008

The concrete playground where I learned who I was

Just got back from Philly for Thanksgiving. It was a great trip, maybe the best Thanksgiving I have had in a long, long time. The dinner was just Sandra, Andrew, myself and my parents. Just the way I like. No crazy relatives giving off bad vibes, no excess drama, just family and good times.

We hung out with Andrew on Fri night and Sat and had a blast. He is a funny ass dude and we can have fun anywhere, anytime. On Fri we cruised around Center City (where he lives now) and did some shopping. I came up on a pair of Puma Clyde's! So psyched! I love just walking around down there as it brings back all kinds of memories. I see old skate spots everywhere I look. Reminds me of simpler times.
On Fri night we hit up a happy hour at a bar Andrew frequents, called Northstar. They have great wings, jerk and buffalo. After indulging in quite a few wings and some alcoholic beverages we went back to a friend of Andrew's house. I have known Josh Satinoff now for 20+ years now so I guess he is my friend as well. It was really fun as there were close to 20 people there partying and having a blast. It was a great time. Except when we tried to call a cab that never showed. We made it back to Andrew's around 2:30 and crashed out. I woke up on Sat morning with a craving for a "real" slice of pizza and a fountain coke (is there anything better). My personal post drinking favorite meal. We found a spot and grubbed down. Then a bit more shopping and back to my parents house to hang.
This was the first time I have picked up the camera in quite sometime. I took a bunch of pics and it sparked me to carry my camera around more. So in honor of the trip back to Philly, below is a selection of pics from the trip and some music that always reminds me of home. Grab a wooder ice, fire up the song below and check it out.

Tuff Crew - My Part of Town



Slide show of Philly trip

No comments: