Thursday, January 15, 2009

Potential comeback in 09?

Is it possible? Will I get my tricks back? Can I keep it up?
All to be determined but for now the 1st step has begun. It was a battle of the mind but in the end I was able to dust off the rust and get out and push around. It had been entirely too long since I have just gone skating. It was very liberating to just push with no real destination. I ended up at a public park with a little plaza type area and skated flatground and the little homemade ledges that the locals must have rigged (a pleasant surprise). It was frustrating as my confidence level is pretty low but after a few minutes I was loosened up and begun to remember some things. Not much but anything landed is good at this point.
So for now I am feeling good, although tomorrow I'm sure will be a sore morning.
Wish me luck...

On another note watch this and then think about flatground tricks done in traffic...wtf?! This guy gave me the best advice ever on the night before I moved to SF. I was in Sub Zero getting a new board for the trip and he looked me right in the eye and told me not to take any shit from anybody out there. You have to remember this was the height of people flocking to SF from all over and the vibing was rugged. It was dope that he took the time to pump me up a bit before I left. Won't ever forget that. Support TrafficSkateboards.Com!

Ricky Oyola - Sub Zero video Real Life



Ricky has always been one of my favorites. Growing up in Philly I was able to see him skate all the time. He has done the sickest shit I have ever seen in person and that was just on the way to LOVE from Sub Zero, better known as the "route". He had that shit so dialed. Mach 11 all the way. So fire one up and reminisce about a time in skating's past when it was not filmed in HD.

No comments: