Thursday, June 18, 2009

Keep it grimy

Remember when hip hop was dope and you waited in anticipation of the new shit to drop. It has been a long time since then. I have been going back in the music vaults lately for my listening pleasure. I was Wii bowling the other with the Ipod bumping on random when Nas' NY State of Mind and The GZA Liquid Swords came on back to back. It brought me back to my days in SF when we were broke and happy to drink quarts of High Life and put in on Delores Park blunt sessions after skating all day.

Bang these in the office or at home and remember when quarts were a $1 and we still ran from the cops...

GZA - Liquid Swords - try not to get hype after this



Wu-Tang Clan - Protect Your Neck - machetes and hoodies, not shiny cars and suits



Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Pt 2 - What!



Nas - Represent - The hardest song. Still hits just as hard today. No NY State of Mind due not finding good video.


No comments: