Sunday, June 14, 2009

Mid terms and stuff

It is about the midway point of my first class. So far I feel like I am doing well. Next up for us is an artist statement as well as our midterm project, a critical analysis project on a specific piece. We were given a list of artist's to choose from. I picked Shepard Fairey. Not because I am a fan necessarily (although I have 2 prints), but the work he does is rooted in the "street art". My main influences are mainly artist's outside the museum's. So I am now in the process of picking a piece of his art to use for my paper. This is the 1st paper I will have written since my college thesis almost 12 years ago. Crazy.

I went skating again on Sat. Went over to Cherry Park again. This time there was a nice session going on. Some locals and and a couple of little rippers. Met up with my friends and played some SKATE and hit the ledges up a bit.
Spent the rest of Sat chilling with Sandra.
Off to work on my project.


No comments: