Monday, June 8, 2009

Pencils, Charcoal and Paper

So I have been in school for about a week. All is well so far. The class is drawing 101. It is just me and 4 other students. The rest of the class is 3 ladies and a mid 40's overweight rent a cop. This is the type of guy who sounds like he always has to clear his throat when speaking. I am waiting for the day when he spits out a giant phlegm ball mid sentence. Oh yeah he is also godsquad. The professor/teacher is real helpful and patient. He is a professional fine artist along with teaching art. As of right now I am drawing at the level of a blind 2 year old but hope to continue to improve. My hand is a bit heavy and needs to be lightened up a bit. When I have something complete I will post it up for verbal abuse.

Met up with my homie Blake and skated on Sat for almost 2 hours in Cherry Park. It was great to be out. Not that I was able to do anything except push to the spot. Oh yeah I landed a front board on the ledge. That's how bad it is, I have to quantify my abilities.
Being back in school has gotten me back on a somewhat normal schedule. This has led to a surprising burst of energy and motivation. Besides skating I have been out and about in the neighborhood more than anytime in the past few months. So you will see me up and you will see my slaps. Don't sleep.

If you have the chance do yourself a favor and watch Dennis Busenitz's part in the new Adidas Euro flick Diagonal. It is Amazing! Yes with a capital A! Wow!

No comments: