Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sundays!

I love Sundays in the fall. Why you ask? The NFL is in full swing! I can sit and watch games, dick around on the web and play with Radley all day. Yes, I have a touch of the ADD, but I have it under control...

Even though my knee is still hurting, I want to skate this week. We'll see. In the meantime I have been watching skate videos like it was 95. I've been into the European and smaller local style independent ones that show a scene or local board company. They have a certain feel that the big budget "fly to the hot spots", and double your coverage, get a magazine article, and film for the video's don't have.
The spots are generally more rugged, making them easier to relate to as most of us don't have a marble ledge paradise at our disposal. Plus the vibe is more skating for fun not just progression. I have no issue with progression as a matter of fact some of my all time favorite videos are considered to be extremely progressive not just for the tricks, but spots, filming, editing, etc. But mostly what I enjoy are seeing new spots, not just another stair added on for Billy Sunglasses ad to jump down.

So to finally cut to the chase below are a couple of you tuber's I have been watching.


Danny Sommerfeld - German ripper


Jordan Sanchez - Seattle smooth operator

No comments: