Thursday, November 6, 2008

Freedom from the constraints of modern day marketing plots to rule the world

Over the last few years I had been spoiled with free clothes, shoes, any sort of skate related material, including decks, videos , basically anything. And now since the supply has been cut off I feel surprising good about it. Like an imaginary weight had been lifted. Not that I didn't like what I was wearing, I did. But it gets to a point where you don't have anything in the closet other than "company" gear. I swear I'm not complaining because most skaters never get anything for free.
I never did before I started working in the "industry" where "promo" has almost no end.
Yesterday I had a good purge of clothes, mainly logo stuff that used to be daily wear. I kept a few of the better designs but most are getting the old heave ho. No more free advertising from me. Next up is going to be the shoe collection. Which if you know me is pretty ridiculous. And by ridiculous I mean stupid. Not only I do I have a closet full of sneakers, I have a garage space with multiple, multiple boxes of shoes. It is actually somewhat embarrassing. What the hell does anybody need with that many shoes??? Many of which are still in paper. Ltd edition...oooohhh...coool. Time to trim the fat. Some will make the cut some will end up in Goodwill, on E-Bay (Ltd's son!!), or at the final resting spot for promo, Buffalo Exchange.

All this rambling brings to me what I was thinking about earlier today while playing Skate on Xbox 360.
Did I tell you I am unemployed??
Now that I am no longer tied to a particular brand of skate shoe, what will I wear while shredding. I know that does sound a bit stupid since I have already said I have all these shoes stockpiled. But after how it all went down I really don't feel comfortable running the gear, however I will wear the boxers, socks, and jeans I have as I don't have a job. And unwilling to drop coin on that shit right now.
So I have narrowed the choices down to 3 styles of shoes. In honor of this new found freedom I have created my very 1st poll. I will skate whatever shoes win at the end.
Your choices are below.

Half Cab's


Skate Mid's


Adidas Campus Vulcs




I have been watching this like it was going out of style. This is the newest offering from Traffic Skateboards. If you did not know they are a company out of Philly run by Ricky Oyola.



Oh yeah and then there is this. How can you front on Mac Dre and Nickatina?! You can't that's how! Get it.

No comments: